Amenity Highlight: Pickleball
We are keeping up with the pickleball boom! Outdoor or indoors, stay active with this unique game. Pickleball has incredible benefits both physically and mentally.
Perfect your skills at our two properties that have courts, The Reserve at Sono and The Reserve at Mendota Village Phase II. It will also be coming soon to The Preserve at Stone Gate. We’ll see you on the courts!
What is Pickleball?
This game combines elements from tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. It can be played on both indoor and outdoor courts (perfect for the ever-changing weather of Minnesota!) All you need is a paddle, a wiffle ball, and a court with a net. Here are the 5 basic rules:
- The ball must stay in bounds and can only be hit once per side.
- Both sides must let the ball bounce once prior to hitting it.
- Serving must be done from behind the baseline.
- A serve must land on the opposition’s side, in the diagonal square from the person who served it.
- First to 11 wins! (They must win by at least 2 points).